Skip to main content

before sunrise

you know what? I just finish watching the second best movie of my life. It could be the best, but maybe I haven't watch the best movie of my life yet, so I'm saving it for the best movie of my life. Anyway, this good movie is named Before Sunrise. And it's 4:15 am when I am writing this line. And it was around 2:22 am, I guess, when I clicked the play button. It's late, but I don't care. I don't care what time it is, when I feel like watching a movie, I watch it. I am naughty like that, and probably that's the naughtiest thing I do. I don't care it's bad for my health that I stay up late to write this down, because I know I'll regret after I woke up from sleep if I did not write this down. It's nothing important, just some random thoughts, I want to remember, or some feelings, I'm trying to capture. It's 4:28 am, everyone's asleep, okay, maybe it's rude to assume everyone's sleeping, but you know, usually everyone's sleeping at this hour and I couldn't find a word for everyone, so back to what I really wanted to say, everyone's sleeping, so this is the best medium for me to share, before sunrise. So, I was planning to watch this movie alone, I thought I was going to watch this movie alone, I hope I was going to watch this movie alone, but my sister came in half way and decided to share my bed with me, yea, I was watching the movie on my bed, with my laptop on my legs, and she sat beside me and stared at the screen for some moments, pretending she was watching the movie while I know she's not gonna like it and will be falling asleep in no time, she asked me what's the name of this movie and I reluctantly answered her because I hate people talking to me when I'm watching a movie, especially when I decided to watch the movie alone, but obviously she doesn't know about that and thanks god she fell asleep in no time and I can finally continue watching the movie alone, again. And now I realize I am really bad in punctuation but it doesn't matter anymore since I submitted my thesis papers. I get too excited that I shared whatever that came to my mind right now, not realizing I haven't been talking much about the movie, but when I am writing this line, of course I am already aware about it. To me, the best part of the movie is, two people in the movie, sharing thoughts that came to their mind, right away, no delusions, no projections, since they met, til they parted. I like how they listen to each other, how they appreciate ideas, how they effortlessly made effort to know each other better through constant sharing of thoughts, how they can be truly themselves and completely someone else other than the self that they ever knew or imagined at the same time, to each other. They were just, perfect. I wish I could have this one person to share every random thoughts of mine, and he wouldn't mind listening to all of them, I sincerely wish. I love movies about people, movies that focus on interactions between people, that have a lot of conversations, that people having feelings for people and the environment, that no special effect is needed to make it perfect. I love movies like this, where people are the focus and everything else is transitory. It was perfect, people who love movies like this, might be perfect to me too. I had always been thinking that it is really hard to make me happy, but after all, it isn't, a good movie like this simply make me happy. I am really happy. The time now is 5:18 am. Au revoir.